Knowing what questions to ask before renting an apartment is one of the most important aspects of the apartment search process. Whether you’ve leased many apartments or on the hunt for your first apartment, there are certain things we may forget to consider or don’t know to ask about. Here are our top questions to ask before leasing:
- Are utilities included in the rent?
- How do the rent and utilities fit into my budget?
- What floor do I want to be on and will that impact the rent cost?
- Is renter’s insurance required?
- Do I have to lease an apartment for 12 months or is there flexibility?
- How do I submit a maintenance request?
- How does parking at the community work? Is there parking for guests?
- How long does it take to get to work, shopping, or dining?
- What is the community’s pet policy?
- Is there a community guest policy?
These questions will help prepare you for leasing your dream apartment. At Abberly Crossing, we believe it’s how you live that matters and love providing you with important tips to make the apartment leasing process a breeze. Schedule a tour at Abberly Crossing and our leasing specialists will guide you through the community and help you find the perfect apartment for you!