Unlike most apartment communities, Abberly Crossing does not require a security deposit with approved credit. We have a non-refundable, one time fee of $199.
We have a few options for reporting maintenance issues. You can call the office and report the issue with any of our office staff. Also, you can go to our website at www.liveabberlycrossing.com to submit a maintenance request online. You can also report emergency maintenance after hours by calling our office number where you will be prompted to connect to our emergency line.
Abberly Crossing allows 3 animals per apartment with the maximum of 2 dogs. Sorry, no exotic pets allowed.
No, we do not have breed restrictions but we do require a meet and greet with the animals to make sure they are not vicious.
There are non-refundable fees to go along with being an animal owner. The first animal requires a $350 non-refundable fee. An additional $150 non-refundable fee is required to register a second and third animal. Animal fees are not applied to any expenses as a result of animal damage or cleaning charges.
Rent is due on the 1st of each month.
You are allowed to install a satellite dish within your patio if your apartment has satellite signal. It cannot damage or make a permanent change to the building and has to be within the patio to meet our guidelines. Proof of renter's insurance must be provided prior to installing a satellite dish.
All of our kitchens have black GE appliances including a refrigerator with icemaker, stove, dishwasher and microwave. All of our apartments also have a washer and dryer already included.
Included in the rent is Pest Control AND Valet Trash.
We are located approximately 19 miles from downtown Charleston. The College of Charleston is located in the heart of downtown Charleston, so that too is only 19 miles away. Charleston Southern University is just 5 miles away.
Closest Grocery Stores are Harris Teeter and Walmart Neighborhood Market.
Abberly Crossing is featuring many new improvements to their apartments and office to live on the greener side! They now feature a paperless office allowing you to apply online as well as sign your lease electronically. Inside every home there is now upgraded insulation, vapor barriers, impact glass, programmable thermostats, fluorescent fixtures, and energy star appliances. The Abberly Crossing community also features EV charging stations.
- Keep blinds open during the day in winter and closed in the summer this will assist in heating and cooling your home.
- Use a hard drive or USB flash drive to store information instead of printing each document.
- Use exhaust fans to remove hot, humid air when cooking in the kitchen or taking a shower/bath in the bathroom.
- Use the cold water temperature on the washing machine (there are some great detergents out now!).
- Use a nightlight in hallways rather than turning on the overhead light.
- Use the correct size of pot or pan to cook and place it on the burner that it fits on best. Make sure the pot/pan is not warped on the bottom since it will take more energy to heat the contents.
- Use glass or ceramic cookware in the oven you can lower the temperature up to 25.
- Leave hot food out to cool (not more than 30 minutes) before putting in the refrigerator. If a container is too hot it will cause the temperature in the fridge to rise unnecessarily.
- Once an item is charged fully (hand-held vacuum, phone, etc) unplug the power cord from the wall.
- Obviously, any tip for saving energy is a good one and many more tips can be found at one of the following websites:
We encourage our residents to reduce their water consumption as much as possible and have provided a few tips below:
- Advise our staff immediately of dripping plumbing fixtures or if you see or hear water running.
- Whenever possible do not hand-wash dishes - the water flow on a kitchen faucet is 2.2 gallons of water per minute, almost the same as a shower head.
- Only run the dishwasher when it is full.
- Take a shower instead of a bath.
- Do not use the toilet as a trash receptacle.
- Do not use running water to thaw frozen items.
- Store drinking water in the fridge rather than letting the faucet run until the water is cool.
- Dont rinse dishes before placing in the dishwasher instead scrape food from dishes into the trash.
- Only wash full loads of clothes and adjust the water level accordingly.
- Do not allow water to run while brushing your teeth or shaving.
Meet your neighbors At each of our communities, we have many major employers represented in our resident demographic. By meeting your neighbors, opportunities are created for carpooling and ride sharing.
Bike/Walk/Jog Why not incorporate a daily or weekly bike/walk/job to work into your exercise routine?
Mass Transit Be familiar with transportation options such as the train, bus or light rail. Just think of how much you can do while someone else drives you to work!
For those who cannot make the transition to an alternate source of transportation, here are several tips that can improve fuel efficiency from www.energyhawk.com.
- In the summer, if you are driving over 40 mph dont open your windows instead use the air conditioning. Conversely, if you drive under 40 mph it is more fuel efficient to turn off the a/c and drive with the windows down.
- The most fuel efficient speed in a vehicle is 55 mph.
- Dont accelerate when going up a hill, just maintain your speed.
- Drive as smoothly as possible accelerating sharply uses more fuel.
- Unless your car was made to burn premium gas, use the lower octane version. High octane gas does not increase fuel efficiency.
- If you are at a stop for a short period (in line at a drive through, in traffic, etc) let your car idle rather than turning it off.
- Make sure that the tires are inflated properly and balanced.
- Coast with your foot off of the accelerator whenever possible.
- Do not drive 10 miles out of your way to save 3 cents a gallon for gas.
You can install a satellite dish within your patio. It cannot make a permanent change to the building and has to be within the patio to meet our guidelines. You will also need to have certain exposure to get a signal. If you do not, there is nothing we can do to aid you with this issue.
Cable, high speed internet, and landline phone services are provided by WOW.
The office will accept packages in the office and notify you when they are received.
We do have preferred employers, call to find out if your employer is on the list.
A safe and attractive living space where maintenance issues are addressed in a timely manner and staff is friendly and professional.
The location, safety, and community experience that we experience as residents of Abberly Crossing exceeds my expectations!
Keep up the great work! You can tell that the management team really cares about their community and the residents. The maintenance staff is top notch as well and have always followed up with my requests in a timely manner.
Jim was professional, courteous, and hardworking.
Bobby was efficient and professional. Our washer now works well. Thank you
The man that came to fix my garbage disposal was fantastic! He even left me with some tips to prevent clogs from happening in the future and showed me how to turn off the water to the toilet in case of emergency! Thank you!
The staff was very professional, knowledgeable and willing to assist in all the concerns the came up. I would definitely recommend Abberly as a place to call home!
Christina in the leasing office is FANTASTIC and provides excellent customer service! Very responsive, thorough, and accommodating. She made the whole process easy and seamless. Definitely recommend Abberly Crossing
Great community environment with lots of community activities!!!
Just had a new born and came back needing some repairs on the washing machine and icemaker. Maintenance responded immediately. They notified me when to expect them, which I appreciated as I am on a tight schedule with a newborn and a toddler. They came in and replace the whole washing machine, and replaced old parts with brand new ones for the icemaker and water valve. They were very kind and friendly, and the repairs were made in a very timely fashion. Cannot thank them enough!
The staff is wonderful and not just when signing your lease. Very cute apartments!
We loved our temporary home at Abberly. Very nice apartment with large rooms and nice, large screened in balcony. Beautiful pool! Very friendly staff!
Have been living here for 6 months, love the service and amenities. Lots of fun activities throughout the year!
Great apartment complex. Management is always open to talk and help you with any issues you may experience and the neighbors aren’t too bad! And you get all the doggy love that you can handle!